Fayerman Law, LLC also offers employment law counseling and litigation services to small businesses. For most employers, the cheapest and most efficient employment law solution is to prevent problems before they start. Litigation, which can be extremely expensive and time-consuming, should be avoided whenever possible.
We offer flexible, competitive flat-fee arrangements that make affordable legal services possible for small businesses and start-ups.
We can help employers with some simple tasks that can help prevent employment-related litigation, including:
- drafting and revising employee handbooks and other employment-related policies;
- formulating and conducting anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, and anti-retaliation training sessions for managers and other employees;
- consulting regarding best practices for interviewing and hiring new employees;
- counseling regarding specific employee discipline and termination issues;
- counseling regarding employee requests for sick leave and disability accommodation requests;
- counseling regarding wage and hour issues, such as the classification of workers as employees or independent contractors, the classification of employees as exempt or non-exempt under the wage and hour laws, and certain tricky wage and hour questions such as the proper payment of interns;
- investigation of employee discrimination complaints and other workplace problems.